Your LinkedIn profile can be a great way to network and connect with the right people, especially when job hunting. Here at KDR we think LinkedIn is an invaluable tool to recruiters and companies alike therefore it is essential your LinkedIn profile is complete.
Here are our 6 top tips on how you can build your LinkedIn network:
- Join a number of groups that are relevant to your areas of expertise and industry. If you share a group with someone it is a great ice breaker and a genuine reason for asking them to connect.
- Keep an eye out for people who start or contribute to discussions as this may give you good reason to ask them to connect.
- Start and contribute to group discussions as this may prompt people to ask you to connect.
- Search for past colleagues/suppliers/clients and ask them to connect. They are highly unlikely to say no.
- Add a link to your profile on your email signature inviting people to connect with you on LinkedIn.
- Always write a personalised introduction when asking to connect; do not use the default connection message. It’s far better explaining why you want to connect and will increase your chances of them accepting your invitation.
What are your top tips for LinkedIn? Let us know in the comments below