So your LinkedIn profile is up to date and hopefully people will get in touch with you about relevant jobs but you can increase your chances of finding something by:
- Use the “who’s viewed my profile” on your home page. A recruiter has checked you out? Don’t be afraid to send them a message asking if they have any opportunities in mind and let them know you are looking.
- Join some groups that are relevant and contribute to or start some discussions . It’s a good way to network and keep up to date with what is happening as well as seeing what jobs are being posted there. Some recruitment companies also have their own groups. Ours is called KDR Information Management News & Views which you can join here.
- Use the job search function to look for jobs that have been advertised on LinkedIn.
- Let others in your network know you are looking! If you don’t have to worry about a current employer seeing this you can use your status update to say you are actively looking for new opportunities. If you are in permanent employment you will need to be more discreet but you can always send private messages to any relevant contacts or recruiters that may be able to help you.
- Search for companies that you are interested in and follow their company profile if they have one. That way you will be notified if they post any jobs on LinkedIn.
How do you get yourself noticed on LinkedIn? Let us know in the comments below