Would you like to work for a well know blue chip business who can support and develop you career with the business?
Are you familiar with Guidewire or alternatively have experience within Java in an Insurance sector?
As a Software Developer you will be specialising within Guidewire, alternatively if you have Java experience within an insurance sector then you will be given training within Guidewire.
The Team are motivated and you will help build and design IT solutions to meet business needs. You will be making a significant contribution in delivering effective IT solutions as well as pro-actively seeking opportunities to improve technical / business processes and mentoring other developers along the way.
You will involved with building best in class technical solutions and support systems using the full development cycle and agile methodologies. You will enjoy problem solving and finding solutions and become the go-to person as far as MI / Data application development and integration services technology is concerned.
- Ideally have a degree (or equivalent) within an IT based specialism.
- Knowledge of Guidewire (or alternatively java within an insurance sector), SQL Database, GOSU or Guidewire Data Hub, however there is the opportunity to learn these skills within this role.
- Any knowledge of Subversion, GIT, Jenkins, Maven or Ant would also be advantageous.
- Ideally, you will have experience in General Insurance with a strong working knowledge of design, development and testing, and be accredited in this or be experienced in leading the development of it
- Experience of working both using an agile methodology and a traditional waterfall method
- Knowledge/experience of the Guidewire insurance suite including PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, ClaimCenter, and DataHub.
- Produce system specifications (functional and technical) from business requirements.
- Develop reliable quality code aligned with best practice guidelines.
- Plan and execute unit and integration tests including documented evidence of test plans and results.
- Continuously develop in depth knowledge of one or more development environments including associated tools.
- Support project implementation, which may include checking results and problem resolution.
- Progress problem resolution by reference to procedures and/or precedents, through to successful implementation of solution.
- May formally train and coach new or junior team members.
- Provide cover for the team lead or technical lead when required.
- Provide third-line support for IT systems, which may include out of hours standby
- an annual bonus scheme
- 30 days’ holiday
- private medical insurance
- Receive 25% discount off general insurance and up to 12% off our life products
- + Competitive pension and other benefits
To apply for this role please click the button