Senior Project Manager
Are you interested in managing and implementing high-value projects for a renowned organisation in the insurance sector?
My Client is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager based out of their office in Hertfordshire to be responsible for the end to end delivery of a range of business change projects, mostly within regulatory or legislative change.
What you will be doing:
- Manage project activities on a day to day basis on behalf of the sponsor of change through the Change Management Framework and guiding the sponsor through the approval process.
- Ensure that project has defined business case and that outputs are aligned to deliver changes required.
- Lead the shaping of the project, contributing ideas and owning the delivery of the change.
- To engage technical delivery areas (engaging separate Project Managers as Technical Project Managers as appropriate) to ensure application and infrastructure changes are scoped and delivered.
- Proactively manage issues, risks and dependencies taking action as appropriate to achieve urgent resolution, escalating clearly and promptly as required.
- Negotiate timely execution of work and engagement of business resource to support delivery.
- Take responsibility for the planning of the project using appropriate planning tools.
- Ensure progress is clearly communicated and any slippage identified with appropriate actions to mitigate.
- Ensure projects are closed properly, benefit managers are clear of their accountabilities and Post Implementation Reviews are undertaken.
- Secure funding and resource, including recruitment of contractors as appropriate
- Manage Project Budget as appropriate.
- Focus on costs, process improvements and/or efficiency to contribute to the profitability of the business
- Ensure compliance with the rules and requirements of the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and any other relevant legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks, including the TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) framework.
- Previous Project Management experience preferably within the insurance space
- Ideally a Project Management qualification such as APM or PRINCE2 or equivalent business and project management experience.
- Exposure to Project Management methodologies such as; Lean, Scrum or Agile.
- Understanding of PM maturity models such as CMMi
- Advanced MS Project, able to produce robust, integrated schedules and reporting.
- Familiarity with project repository tools (Workbench, MS Server). Advanced Word and Excel skills.
- The ability and passion to successfully manage and implement projects through full lifecycle, or the delivery of components of larger projects. Experience of a gated project lifecycle process would be very useful and working large project teams.
- You’re confident, professional and inherently passionate about change and transformation. This means you’re organised, exceptional at planning and can effectively engage and manage your stakeholders, at various levels across an organisation.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Salary: £60,000 – £75,000 per annum