Senior DevOps Engineer – London
Senior DevOps Engineer | London | £65,000 – £85,000 per year
Would you like to join a well-funded start up whose mission it is to leverage modern technology such as Cloud, AI and Machine Learning to help organisation build a genuine relations with their customers?
My client is a growth technology business who is partnered with some of the largest companies in the world. Due to their continued success and growth they are recruiting for a DevOps Engineer with experience working in a start up environment and someone that appreciates a tight knitt, collaborative and forward thinking culture.
As a DevOps Enigneer you will have a minimum of 5 years experience in Cloud, Automation, Orchestration, Operations, and Infrastructure.
This role is predominantly remote based with occasional travel into their London based office.
What you need:
- 5 years commercial experience minimum
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with AWS (certifications would be a plus)
- Experience Terraform
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos
The tech stack?
- Mesos/Marathon/Docker/Nomad/Vault for orchestrating and automating service deployments
- A sprinkling of Bash/Go/Python to tie automation fabric together
- Terraform to declare, manage and automate most of the infrastructure code, operating Infrastructure as Code principle.
- AWS, CD/CI tools to take infrastructure automation and security to the next level.
- HDFS, Cassandra, PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch as the main data stores.
- Slackbots for value added automation and fun.
What will you do?
- You will be working on the infrastructure, dealing with automation and security to protect customer data.
- You will be responsible for monitoring infrastructure health, security and capacity in a client’s environment.
- You’ll also make decisions and adjustments to ensure optimal network performance and organisational productivity.
- Investigating, resolving or escalating production problems will also be a key part of your role.
- You will work as part of our growing team of world-class engineers in New York, London and Barcelona; and face hard problems whilst finding new solutions for them.
- You will also be expected to help give back to the open-source community by contributing to the tools our clients uses; whilst releasing new ones, for the benefit of everyone!
In this role you will have opportunities to improve and learn- if you care about collaboration, technical excellence and experimentation, then this is the right role for you!