Senior Data Scientist – Biopharmaceutical
Senior Data Scientist – Biopharmaceutical, Translational Sciences
Antibody discovery is a costly and demanding process and as a result, many biopharmaceutical companies are outsourcing these operations. There are however a small handful of companies who have developed proprietary antibody discovery platforms.
I am working with an aspiring biotechnology organisation who has done exactly this. Currently at phase 2 of clinical trials, they are undergoing the most ambitious development phase in company history as they enhance their new technology platform to engineer the best antibodies across a range of therapeutic targets, translating the promising research into direct benefits for human health.
What’s on offer?
- A multifunctional role sitting between the technical teams and the business to influence the development and delivery of the technology strategy.
- Exposure to a range of technologies including Python and R and wide range of data sets (clinical, genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic).
- Personal recognition within an organisation that invests in its employees, delivering cutting-edge antibody engineering techniques.
What you will be doing:
- Analysing pre-clinical/clinical inhouse and public datasets to support drug candidates’ clinical development (identification of right patient/right indication, predictive and response biomarker discovery and clinical data analysis and integration).
- Identifying clinical biomarkers and strategies to help drive clinical development decisions.
- Collaborating with scientists, clinicians and development teams to design experiments and establish data analytics plans for bioinformatics related activities and multi-omics data integration.
- Generate and review presentations for “internal” project team meetings, collaborators and governance teams. Also communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or project reports (including documents for regulatory submission).
- Have a PhD or MSc or equivalent degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Data Science or related field.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience (combined academic and commercial) in biological data analysis within drug discovery.
- Have an inherent interest in designing & applying cutting edge, bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, distributed computing or graphic algorithms.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability and confidence to collaborate across various teams within the organisation.
We’re niche Data, Tech & Analytics recruiters, so if you don’t have an up-to-date CV right now that’s fine, you can send us what you have!
Job Title: Senor Data Scientist
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: £40,000 – £70,000 per annum