Senior Data Scientist – Biopharmaceutical
Senior Data Scientist – Biopharmaceutical, Translational Sciences
Antibody discovery is a costly and demanding process and as a result, many biopharmaceutical companies are outsourcing these operations. There are however a small handful of companies who have developed proprietary antibody discovery platforms.
I am working with an aspiring biotechnology organisation who has done exactly this. Currently at phase 2 of clinical trials, they are undergoing the most ambitious development phase in company history as they enhance their new technology platform to engineer the best antibodies across a range of therapeutic targets, translating the promising research into direct benefits for human health.
What’s on offer?
- A multifunctional role sitting between the technical teams and the business to influence the development and delivery of the technology strategy.
- Exposure to a range of technologies including Python and R and wide range of data sets (clinical, genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic).
- Personal recognition within an organisation that invests in its employees, delivering cutting-edge antibody engineering techniques.
What you will be doing:
- Analysing pre-clinical/clinical inhouse and public datasets to support drug candidates’ clinical development (identification of right patient/right indication, predictive and response biomarker discovery and clinical data analysis and integration).
- Identifying clinical biomarkers and strategies to help drive clinical development decisions.
- Collaborating with scientists, clinicians and development teams to design experiments and establish data analytics plans for bioinformatics related activities and multi-omics data integration.
- Generate and review presentations for “internal” project team meetings, collaborators and governance teams. Also communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or project reports (including documents for regulatory submission).
- Have a PhD or MSc or equivalent degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Data Science or related field.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience (combined academic and commercial) in biological data analysis within drug discovery.
- Have an inherent interest in designing & applying cutting edge, bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, distributed computing or graphic algorithms.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability and confidence to collaborate across various teams within the organisation.
We’re niche Data, Tech & Analytics recruiters, so if you don’t have an up-to-date CV right now that’s fine, you can send us what you have via or call me on 01565 651 429. Or find me on LinkedIn, always happy to connect.
Job Title: Senor Data Scientist
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: £40,000 – £70,000 per annum