Network Systems Administrator – Maryland
Network Systems Administrator | Columbia, MD | $110,000 – $120,000 per year
Active TOP SECRET SECUIRTY CLEARANCE with POLY is REQUIRED
Are you looking for an opportunity where you are surrounded by like-minded employees? Do you want to be able to contribute to a large-scale transformation?
If you answer yes to either of the above questions, then this could be the role for you!
Based just outside the city of Baltimore, we are working with a specialist in government contracts surrounding data and cybersecurity. This opportunity is for a strong-minded candidate with impeccable knowledge and experience within network and systems administration.
The responsibilities of the Network Systems Administrator are as follows:
- Aiding in all areas of network management, from network design, implementation, maintenance and upgrading of existing networks.
- Analysing various network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput).
- Troubleshooting problems and recommending procurement of modifications to network components
- Installing network applications on Cisco network server equipment.
- Maintaining, tests, research and resolving network issues.
- Designing, Implementing and maintaining various networks in accordance with specified customer requirements.
- Preparing data network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Performing data network configurations and configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signalling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Understanding and knowledge of TCP, UDP, IP, VLAN, VRF, DNS, and HTTP.
- Providing technical guidance/ recommendations for network architecture
The basic qualification requires for this role are;
- An Active Top Secret Security Clearance with Poly.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of Cisco Nexus OS, IOS, IOS-XE and configuration management.
- Cisco ASA firewall and IPSec VPN’s experience.
- WAN and Campus based network troubleshooting and fault isolation and resolution knowledge.
MUST HAVE TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE with POLY for this opportunity!
This is a full-time opportunity with the potential and scope to progress very quickly within a company. If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to hear more about then click the apply button within!