Linux Systems Administrator
Are you a Linux Systems Admin who want to join a company that a leader in their field?
Do you want to lead the design, development and implementation of the platform behind a massive cutting edge Big Data Lake?
The client is seeking an experienced Linux System Administrator who has experience in developing, implementing and maintaining a variety of systems across multiple platforms.
As the Linux System Administrator, you will be accountable for:
- Translating the complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design and the high performing capabilities.
- Leading the design and build of the system patterns and services – via batch
- Ensuring the timely delivery to meet project timelines.
- Recommending future expansions and contingency plans, with an eye towards effectiveness, efficiency and security.
- Managing the operational risk and continuous plans to improve the process.
As the Linux System Administrator, you will have the following:
- Extensive Linux experience including administration, security, patching and configuration.
- Proficiency in Linux shell scripting (or Bash)
- experience with Linux distributions such as CentOS, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE, or Ubuntu.
- Proficiency in at least one major programming language such as Python, Java, C, C++ etc
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience in data technologies such as Hadoop and Hortonworks tech stack.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, or you think you have what it takes, then please do not hesitate to click that apply button!