Having previously worked heavily with PHP technologies, this organization are looking for a lead engineer who can help be the ‘go-to’ person for all the junior engineers in this team (currently at 9 people) – as they transition the business to NodeJS / React.
Do you know NodeJS and want to be a mentor to more junior engineers? Keep reading…
Key responsibilities in the role:
- Taking the lead on all architecture decisions, alongside building and optimizing critical components on both back and front end systems
- Review & make recommendations on existing architectures
- Mentor & train the more junior developers via code reviews and designing sessions
- Be a strong contributor in all aspects of the cycle from design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment and the uptime of the services
- Collaboration with other team members to develop best practices
What experience do you need to qualify?
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, working as a full-stack engineer but with a strong focus on the backend using NodeJS
- Strong experience is ReactJS is preferred
- Experience building a product from scratch, including the platforms architecture
- Background in designing and implementing APIs and core services with NodeJS and AWS
- Passion for helping others through training and mentoring
- Strong understanding of micro-services/macro-services architecture
- Experience with Elastic Search or GraphQL
- Good understanding of databases (MySQL, Mongo etc)
- Ability to help solve and find simple solutions to complex problems
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or similar
The benefits of working there…
- 15 PTO, increasing per year you serve!
- 401k match
- Healthcare, vision, dental – all covered!
- Loads of development and career growth opportunity available
Apply online today!
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
Location: New York, NY USA
Salary: $150,000 – $180,000 per year