Lead Research Scientist – Medical Devices
Innovation, Research and Development is at the heart of this Medical Device organisation and the Lead Research Scientist will play a crucial role in the continuous improvement of the business. You’ll have a passion for Research with experience of Signal Processing and Machine Learning applying those skills in a commercial environment.
As Lead Research Scientist, you will oversee the development and implementation of algorithms for medical devices signal processing, feature extraction, covering sensors (calibration), data fusion, machine and deep learning. With a clear business strategy put in place from a leadership team with major Bluechip company backgrounds, this Lead Research Scientist role has major scope for development.
- Working alongside the CSO & Technical Director to prioritise and plan activities and work streams
- Lead the development & implementation of algorithms to progress medical devices
- Development of mathematical models, design documents and software for the development team
- Internal and external stakeholder dealing with research partners
- Developing Machine Learning knowledge and applying this to the medical device
- MSc or PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Machine Learning or Engineering.
- Experienced at algorithm development and implementation, ideally within the medical device sector (other transferable sectors can be considered)
- Strong understanding of Signal Processing, Image Processing / Computer Vision
- A track record developing Machine Learning techniques
- Knowledge around ECG, MCG, EEG or Magnetometers
- Proficient in Python and or R, MATLAB, C, C++, C#
Why should you apply;
- The business is located in West Midlands and have recently moved to a new office building and with further scope to expand
- Training and development are at the heart of what they do! Senior managers have supported employees with Chartership, and part funded further education
- Several employees have won awards at the IET
All in all, this business are committed to developing the company, device and their employees and they are seeking top talent to mix in with their current employees.
Apply online today!
Job Title: Lead Research Scientist
Location: West Midlands, UK
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000 per annum