Lead Data Architect / Data Engineer – Python, AWS
I am currently working on behalf of an exciting Non-for-Profit organization who are looking for a Lead Data Architect to join them! Due to growth, my client has created a new position for a Lead Data Architect to come on board and lead the data engineering team.
As the Lead Data Architect, you will be responsible for managing a team of 5/6 engineers whilst also remaining hands on with technology.
My client is looking for a passionate individual who is looking for a company which encourages and supports personal growth and the opportunity to work on the latest technologies. This is a fantastic company who is currently utilizing the use of Data in order to achieve their missions. My client has a strong working culture where you are working with highly motivated experts & offer an excellent work life balance for all employees.
- Use Python, R & SQL to clean, manipulate and organize performance data
- Write & maintain scripts to extract, clean, organize and load data across platforms
- Manage the data architecture and infrastructure for processing large quantities of data sets
- Manage documentation for their data models across multiple sets SQL and NoSQL databases
- Work alongside colleagues (product managers, designers, analysts and software engineers) to ensure that the data model continues to reflect ongoing needs
- Integration of additional data sources into data warehouses and tools
- Lead and manage the data engineers and provide leadership to the team
- Proficiency in Python / R required
- 5+ years’ experience working in Data Architecture/ Engineering with 1-2 years’ experience working in a managerial / lead role
- Exposure and experience working with AWS
- Strong experience working with SQL (Redshift, Postgres) and NoSQL databases such as Mongo DB / Cassandra
- Strong organization skills with excellent written and oral communication
- Strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Sick leave
Apply for this role today!