Lead Big Data Engineer
Does experimentation and curiosity fuel your purpose in a role? Do you want to be part of a mission, which is to make decisions easier and lives better for customers?
Are you an expert in Apache Data Ecosystem and toolset? Do you have hands on experience with Big Data Streaming Frameworks?
My client is currently looking for a Lead Big Data Engineer who can assist them in becoming a customer focused organisation and a digital leader within their Industry.
As the Lead Big Data Engineer, you will be accountable for:
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, engineers and product owners to discover the best ways to enable business value.
- Bring a flexible, adaptive and mindset in a rapidly changing technology environment.
- Working and Automating data pipelines – DevOps and CICD.
- Leading the process for building and rolling out the Data platforms in cloud using one of the public clouds, preferably MS Azure. (However, AWS or GCP is acceptable).
- Building Open APIs and microservices along with loosely coupled architecture.
As the Lead Big Data Engineer, you will have the following:
- 10 + years of experience operating the Apache Data ecosystem and toolset. – (Sqoop, Nifi, Spark, HDFS, Hive, Hbase, Etc.)
- Previous in-depth knowledge and experience with programming languages – Java, Scala, Python or R).
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills applied to a Big Data domain.
- The ability to explain data analysis; Query and process Big Data, provide reports, summarize and visualize the data
- Exposure and understanding of Agile scrum methodologies and experience of working in an Agile team
- Experience in Data processing, performance analysis, tuning and capacity planning
In Return you will get:
- Retirement Savings Accounts such as, RPP, RRSP, TFSA.
- Customizable Benefits package – eg. Health, Dental and Vision.
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning and education.
- Monthly innovation days.
- The Opportunity to advance your career path and opportunities.
- A flexible work environment
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, or you think you have what it takes, then please do not hesitate to click that apply button!
Job Title: Lead Big Data Engineer
Location: Toronto, Canada
Salary: $130,000 – $140,000 per year + 17% bonus