Head of Data – Data Strategy, Data Governance, Big Data
You will deliver the strategic data agenda, taking overall responsibility for overall data strategy & execution, enterprise wide data governance and utilisation of data as an asset
What you will be doing
- Defining and evolving a Data Strategy in support of wider business goals
- You will lead a team of experienced data professionals (Team of 35, with 3 direct reports) in a collaborative and engaging manner. The team will consist of data management, data migration, reporting/BI, data warehousing, analytics and big data professionals
- You’ll act as strategic leader with a practical ‘can do’ execution attitude, gaining buy in and support from the business
- Recruitment for the Data Services function
- Leverage data insight and analytics to innovate new opportunities
Where you’ll work
You’ll join a company with roughly 1,000 people but still operate as if they’re a start-up.
It’s fast paced and ever evolving so you’ll always need to be ready to take on new challenges.
Data is at the core of the business, with huge volumes of information flowing through business every second.
There is a great benefits package on offer with a lucrative bonus scheme, excellent pension, holiday allowance, flexi working hours and much more.
The experience you’ll need
- Ability to define, articulate and evolve a Data Strategy
- Experience in leading major information management programmes
- Experience in operationalising data governance and data quality
- Understanding of data warehouse and business intelligence (BI) architecture
- Familiarity with the major big data solutions and products available in the market;
- Demonstrable experience of building, leading and managing technical data teams across multiple departments
It would be great if you had
- Experience working for a Consultancy / Outsourcing business
- Expertise with big data solutions (architecture and execution)
- A strong understanding of the Financial Services market, including its regulatory demands
Please apply now to find out more!
Job Title: Head of Data
Location: Cardiff, South Wales UK
Salary: £80,000 – £90,000 per annum