DevOps Engineer – New York
DevOps Engineer | New York | Up to $140,000 per year
Would you like to join a well-funded start up whose mission it is to leverage modern technology such as Cloud, AI and Machine Learning to help organization build a genuine relations with their customers?
My client is a growth technology business who is partnered with one of the largest Telecommunication’s companies in the world. Due to their continued success and growth, they are recruiting for an experienced DevOps Engineer with expertise in Cloud, Automation, Orchestration, Operations, and Infrastructure.
The tech stack?
- Mesos/Marathon/Docker/Nomad/Vault for orchestrating and automating service deployments
- A sprinkling of Bash/Go/Python to tie automation fabric together
- Terraform to declare, manage and automate most of the infrastructure code, operating Infrastructure as Code principle.
- AWS, CD/CI tools to take infrastructure automation and security to the next level.
- HDFS, Cassandra, PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch as the main data stores.
- Slackbots for value added automation and fun.
Don’t worry if the tech stack isn’t a perfect match, it’s about the right person who has the technical aptitude and desire to learn!
What will you do?
- You will be working on the infrastructure, dealing with automation and security to protect customer data.
- You will be responsible for monitoring infrastructure health, security and capacity in a client’s environment.
- You’ll also make decisions and adjustments to ensure optimal network performance and organisational productivity.
- Investigating, resolving or escalating production problems will also be a key part of your role.
- You will work as part of our growing team of world-class engineers in New York, London and Barcelona; and face hard problems whilst finding new solutions for them.
- You will also be expected to help give back to the open-source community by contributing to the tools our clients uses; whilst releasing new ones, for the benefit of everyone!
In this role you will have opportunities to improve and learn- if you care about collaboration, technical excellence and experimentation, then this is the right role for you!