Data Science – Associate Director
Would you like the opportunity to join a leading Global Consultancy?
Are you passionate about the use of Data Analytics in delivering value-added insight?
Data analytics is becoming a huge part of modern-day consulting, enhancing the client experience by generating advanced market insights from large data sets.
My client is a high profile, Professional Service organisation with a unique culture who is looking for a highly motivated Data Scientist at Associate Director level to join a fast-growing team that is driving value for clients using data-enabled solutions.
- Utilise a hypothesis-driven, problem-solving approach to explore data sets and design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory analyses to identify patterns that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client
- Perform machine learning, natural language, and statistical analyses, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods
- Deploy, test, and observe your analyses to ensure they meet the user’s unique demands
- Automate analyses and author pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
- Retrieve, prepare, and process data from a variety of sources such as social media, transaction databases, and operational data
- Develop interactive dashboards and reports
- Propose techniques to apply based on experience and familiarity with the data set, innovating new techniques when necessary
- Generate repeatable data and analytic processes using tools such as R, Python, Alteryx, Tableau, and SQL Server
- Work with cross-functional team members to develop and present findings
- Balance statistical rigour and thoroughness with cost and speed based on the client’s budget and time frame
- Own or participate in every component of a client deliverable, from identifying client needs to producing the final presentation and reports
- Prioritise and effectively manage several deal deliverables across multiple deals and workstreams
- Effectively align managers and staff on your engagements with their interests and general business needs to provide real time feedback and guidance to client and diligence providers to help ensure timely and efficient product delivery
- Help maintain and win new business by working with Partners on client and target pitches and business development case books
- Act as Performance Manager and mentor to staff
- Seven years of experience working as a data scientist, or equivalent
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics
- Strong knowledge/experience in one or more of the following areas: Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Forecasting, and/or Natural Language Processing
- Experience working with Spark, Hive, Athena or other related technologies; Fluency in R, Python, or Julia
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product; Ability to work in a Linux environment
- Experience managing multiple projects and teams at the same time
- Ability to make well-reasoned, data-driven decisions in ambiguous or interpretive business situations
- Proven project management ability: planning, organising, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to thoroughly yet concisely explain:
- Technical concepts and analytics-driven findings
- Business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to non-technical resources
- Desire to work in fast-paced, team-oriented, loosely-structured environment
- Travel as necessary, 10% – 30%
Apply online today!
Job Title: Data Science
Location: London, UK
Salary: £70,000 – £100,000 per annum