Data Engineer – Manchester
Data Engineer | Manchester | £450 – £650 per day
Our client is an extremely well-funded FinTech organisation based in the centre of Manchester who are seeking a contract Data Engineer to join the team on an initial 3-month engagement.
- You will be responsible for delivering high-quality data pipeline solutions in Synapse Analytics or Azure Data Factory
- Utilising Databricks for extractions
- Developing solutions in line with the needs from the Decision Science & Analytics function
- Strong Python – there are no SSIS or SSRS requirements, everything is built on the cloud
- Although a lead role, you will have no direct management, this is a hands-on role with mentoring but you will have the future option to pick a management or hands-on role
- Strong proficiency in Python with proven Data Engineering experience.
- Must have experience in Pyspark and Databricks
- Expertise in the different components of Microsoft Azure, such as Azure data factory, Data Lake, Synapse Analytics, Catalog etc is a big plus
- Understanding of structured and unstructured data sources
- A ‘go-getter’ personality, working in a scaling business is not for everyone
- Growth mindset, good communications skills
Please note, the client is flexible on seeing candidates from an AWS or GCP background if you have strong Python & Databricks experience.