Are you looking for a Data Engineering opportunity, working for a global leader in the Financial and Insurance Industry?
Do you want to build innovative systems and solutions that change the financial and insurance industry forever?
Our client is seeking a talented Data Engineer who has experience in Big Data who can contribute to the creation of innovative capabilities to meet the business’s needs. This role will see you working on a wide range of assignments, which will vary from consultative support and mentoring to hands on delivery.
As the Data Engineer you will be accountable for:
- Partnering with the data scientists to understand the business’s objectives and apply deep understanding of data to identify the needed support cases.
- Providing support for stitching data together and creating analytics base tables
- Engineering and designing support for Hadoop / Spark / Ingestion tools in order to build, configure, monitor and support.
- Loading the data into Hadoop, Hive and various databases.
- Translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed big data solutions.
As the Data Engineer you will have the following:
- 4+ of experience operating the Hadoop ecosystem and toolset.
- Data integrations for data ingestions, data mapping and data processing capabilities.
- Previous in-depth knowledge and experience with programming languages – Java, Scala, Python).
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills applied to a Big Data domain.
- The ability to write performance, reliable and maintainable code.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, or you think you have what it takes, then please do not hesitate to click that apply button!