Would you like to work as a data architect within a major blue-chip business?
Would you like to be an influential member of the team and support the business digital transformation?
This is an opportunity to be a key and influential member of the team.
You will support the business for the future by identifying the data needs of the business during it’s digital transformation, designing blueprints to guide data storage, flow and processing, aligning data investments with the business strategy and target outcomes.
Why work for us:
- Remote working
- Excellent benefits (Pension, Health Ins. Etc.)
- A fantastic working culture / ethic
- Establishing a multi-year roadmap and building momentum behind it will be yours to facilitate.
- Build buy-in with stakeholders
- Provide disciplines of information management and architecture in order to support the Principal Information Architect evolve the information strategy and guide its implementation
- Partner with business leaders, analysts, architects and software experts to identify data enablers for the delivery of the business strategy
- Design conceptual, logical and physical data models (including enterprise data model) to enable data storage, movement and integration
- Understand other important activities, e.g. data governance, data privacy and risk management, relationship management with suppliers and external data services, access management, security models, change impact assessment, etc.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. Zachman, TOGAF)
- Understanding of relational and non-relational database design and implementation e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL
- Understanding of data protection by design and its implications on data management
- Practical experience with at least one key ETL market tool (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle Data Integrator)
Would be great if you had:
- Experience working as a data architect
- Experience designing & delivering complex data architectures and models
- Strong knowledge of different data modelling strategies
- Experience of data integration, data quality and data modelling tools e.g. Oracle, Microsoft etc
- Experience of reporting, analytic and data visualization capabilities
- Knowledge of integration and processing of structured and unstructured data sets with experience of Apache Hadoop
- An understanding of data governance and data quality frameworks
If this is of interest to you please apply or call Sarah Farrugia on 01565 745 895
Job Title: Data Architect
Salary: £40,000 – £55,000 per annum