Business and Database Applications Manager
Would you like the opportunity to work for a brand name in the Telecommunications sector?
My client is on the lookout for a Business Application Manager to lead the operational support and development for its business applications whilst also managing/mentoring a small team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a team of technical specialists, developing both hands on and managerial skills in a collaborative and forward-thinking environment based out of their head office near Welwyn Garden City.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for managing the operational support, maintenance, and development activities for the business applications.
- Analyses the structure and flow of the business’ work to identify possible application solutions.
- Responsible for all analysis, development and enhancement of all applications as well as application testing. The responsibility includes evaluating applications to determine technical changes, scheduling projects against resource availability for technical changes as well as testing and monitoring delivery against project timelines.
- Manage and coordinate the design, development, testing (including regression testing) and deployment of all new Business Support applications as well as changes to existing applications
- Ensure new systems and enhancements are transitioned to Business as Usual operations in a smooth and efficient way; providing necessary documentation and training where applicable.
- Proactively seek out database related risks and create plans to ensure availability, reliability, serviceability and disaster recovery without reducing security
Skills you will have:
- At least four years’ experience in managing and co-ordinating IT Technical Staff supporting Data Base services.
- Experience preparing workflow analyses.
- Knowledge and understanding of the interdependencies of functional departments and groups and the ability to lead large-scale complex IT projects in addressing overall business needs
- Knowledge of advanced systems analysis methods, practices, and principles.
- Knowledge of cost modelling principles.
- Knowledge of informational technology disciplines; e.g., software applications and interfaces, production operations, quality assurance and systems management, etc.
- Knowledge of project management process and systems, ITIL/ITSM
- Passionate about technology in general
- Displays a Start-up mentality with a motivating and proactive working style.
Salary: Flexible with benefits package, bonus and very flexible working
To find out more about this role click apply today!