3rd Line Support Engineer – Immediate Start! Azure
3rd Line Support Engineer – Immediate Start! Azure, Horsham
If you’re a 3rd Line Support Engineer looking for a mix of BAU work and Project-Based work, this is the role for you. This is an opportunity to support my client’s IT infrastructure and desktop systems, both internal and cloud based, so exposure to virtualisation technology, cloud systems, and desktop management solutions is a must!
Apply for this role, and you’ll have the opportunity to develop in a fast-paced environment – and by fast-paced, we mean a business who’ve gone from 50 employees to over 500 in the last 5 years alone. You’ll also be using state-of-the-art technology, such as Azure and AWS.
What will I do?
- Server and database support, including installation, configuration, optimisation, monitoring and patching
- Manage, update and secure all server and desktop environments
- Troubleshoot & Manage the Office 365 environment
- Development, monitoring and support of Voice, Video and conferencing systems
- Design, develop, install and manage on-premise and cloud infrastructure
- Maintain & update the network and WAN environment
- Install, troubleshoot & configure hardware/software in all operational environments
- Ensure all critical systems and data is backed up, secure, and recoverable
- Perform regular business continuity and disaster recovery tests
- Provide on-call, out of hours, on rota support to the business users for critical incidents
- Assist in the governance of information security
Skills you’ll need:
- Bare minimum of two years’ experience of managing Microsoft Windows Server (2008R2/2012R2/2016), Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager and/or Intune
- You’ll have managed VMware Virtual Server Environments
- Experience of managing public cloud Infrastructure environments.
- Experience of creating, deploying and managing Windows 10 images and patching applications in an enterprise organisation
- Minimum of two years managing Office 365 email, voice, video and Sharepoint environments
- Minimum of two years managing Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business Phone systems
- Experience and knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, WAN, LAN, DNS, VLANS, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, and Cisco networking
- Experience of creating complex scripts using PowerShell
- Experience of managing and optimising Fibre Channel and iSCSI SAN Storage
- Previous experience of managing and maintaining MS SQL Databases
- Experience of writing technical documentation
- Experience of managing Oracle Virtual Machine environments
- Experience of managing, maintaining and optimising Oracle databases
- Exposure to system monitoring and event management tools
Please note: You’ll need to have your own vehicle to get to our clients location, as they’re not based centrally.
Job Title: 3rd Line Support Engineer
Location: Horsham, West Sussex UK
Salary: £310 – £410