How to use Twitter to find a new job
Many companies and recruiters now use Twitter to tweet about job opportunities. If you are on Twitter there are a few things you can do to look for them.
- Set up # tag searches based on keywords that would be used on job postings eg if you are a Business Intelligence consultant looking for a contract you could set up the following: #businessintelligence #job.
- Look for organisations you would like to work for and follow them if they have a Twitter presence.
- Look for recruiters that work in your industry and follow them too.
- Sign up for TwitJobSearch which is a job search engine for Twitter. You can search the jobs that have been tweeted and set up email alerts for new jobs being tweeted.
- Organise people/organisations that you follow into lists, for example you could have a list for recruiters, one for industry analysts and one for target companies.
- Because Twitter is so fast moving, consider using a social media dashboard such as Hootsuite or Tweetdeck to manage your Twitter feeds, rather than having one big feed from everyone you follow, which could mean you miss something important!
Do you have experience of finding a new job through Twitter? Please tell us about it. Or do you feel that the volume of tweets makes Twitter unmanageable for job hunters? Let us know below.
KDR Recruitment is the home of the best data, technology and analytics jobs. For more career advice follow KDR on LinkedIn.
You might also like: